This phase of the Emergency Fund is now closed. Nine local agencies providing basic needs (food, personal protective equipment, hygiene products, baby products, etc.) have been supported in their efforts.
This phase of the emergency fund is now closed. Investments in this phase were being directed to registered charitable organizations in the Halton & Hamilton regions, focusing on supporting seniors
Please note, Phase 3 ECSF funding intake is closed. *ECSF funds are being allocated equally across Halton & Hamilton.
This was an open call to all registered charitable organizations in the Halton & Hamilton regions, with a focus on supporting the vulnerable populations affected by COVID-19.
Funding decisions have been made through an impartial process with the support of other funding partners and community experts, and are available at the above-linked “Funded Programs” page.
This phase of the emergency fund is now closed. Investments in this phase were made through the Local Love in a Global Crisis emergency fund, and allocated to 8 agencies spanning four categories of funding: basic needs, agency capacity, mental health, and seniors support / isolation. These recently-funded projects can be found on the Funded Programs page.
Phase 5 – Closed October 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
United Way Halton & Hamilton is pleased to support an investment of approximately $1,000,000 through this second round of the Emergency Community Support Fund from the Government of Canada.
This fund is being distributed through an open-call for applications and impartial decision-making process, in partnership with Community Foundations of Canada and Canadian Red Cross.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to the ECSF partner best suited to them, based on the criteria below:
- The Canadian Red Cross Emergency Support for Community Organizations will be delivered through two main programs:
- Granting Program for Non-Profits
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) (gloves and masks) and training on preventing disease transmission for non-profits, registered charities, and qualified donees
- More information on the programs through Canadian Red Cross, can be found starting October 5th on redcross.ca/communityorganizations or by calling 1-866-221-2232
- Community Foundations of Canada, and community foundations across Canada, will support:
- Granting programs for registered charities and qualified donees.