Blog Like A Boss: Non-Profit Edition
Date: May 15, 2019
Location : Halton Police Community Room – 3800 Constable Henshaw Blvd. Burlington, ON
With so much information available at our fingertips, we do a significant amount of research online before we make a decision to do something or to purchase something. Are people finding the right and relevant information about your organization?
During this session, you will learn:
· How a blog can help build brand awareness for your organization
· How to use blogging and social media together
· The importance of images, headlines and a blog post layout
· Simple tips on how to make your content more search engine friendly
· Strategies to remain relatively consistent with publishing blog posts
· Real-life examples of organizations that are using blogs
· Tools to help with your content strategy
We’ll do some group brainstorming so you’ll walk away with some relevant topics to write about for your non-profit blog.
By the end of this session, participants will be more knowledgeable about blogging best practices and how to create a simple content strategy for their blog.
Karen Swyszcz, is the founder and owner of Makinthebacon.
It began as a blog in 2012. She has partnered with brands such as Meridian Credit Union, minted.com, Camp Tech and Supperworks for influencer marketing campaigns. In 2017, Makinthebacon evolved into a consulting/auditing/training services company for blogging, WordPress, SEO and social media.
She has facilitated numerous business blogging strategy workshops within the Greater Toronto Area.
Karen is also a part time instructor at Sheridan College for their Blogging For Fun & Profit Course and Their Effective Strategies For Social Media Courses.