To be eligible to receive donations, agencies must meet the following eligibility requirements:
OPTION 1: Currently a United Way Halton & Hamilton supported agency OR
OPTION 2: Non-Currently funded agency:
- Be or be sponsored by an incorporated registered charitable agency/organization with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Have a clearly stated purpose and function within the voluntary human and social service sector operating and service the Halton and/or Hamilton communities.
- Be governed by an active volunteer Board of Directors whose members reflects the community it serves, and that meets regularly.
- Adhere to the Ontario Human Rights Code and not exclude anyone from service, accommodation or employment by reason of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, or disability.
- Have financial statements that have been audited by a licensed public accountant (or financial review for charities or not-for-profits with annual revenues less than $100,000).
- If above criteria is met, please click here to apply to receive donations from our warehouse
Organizations that are primary health care providers, mandated government services, environmental, political, heritage, or religious in nature, are not eligible.
If above criteria is met, please click here to apply to receive donations from our warehouse