City of Hamilton employees came out in a big way to support the United Way at the 15th Annual United Way Truck Pull. This year’s October 3rd event saw 18 teams queuing up to pull a fire truck 50 feet down Main Street West, in front of City Hall – raising almost $10,000!
The excitement and enthusiasm in the City Hall courtyard was contagious as employee teams engaged in friendly competition against one another for year-long bragging rights. It was nice to see so many people connecting and having fun with colleagues and friends from around the City.
Staff were welcomed to the event by the City’s United Way Committee, CUPE, and representatives from the United Way. With the United Way last year helping over 82 local agencies that deliver 153 critical prevention-based programs and services to over 212,431 people, it’s easy to see why so many employees rally together to take part in this fundraiser for the United Way.
Thanks to everyone for your support! The success of this event would not be possible without your kindness and generosity!
- Fastest Time: Roads West – West is the Best! With a time of 11.08 seconds
- Close second was Parks Turf Force at 11.84 seconds
- Most Spirited Team Parks – Turf Force
- Loudest Team Legal Services – Team Legal
- Most Money Raised (verified money at the start of the Pull) – Growth Management – PED with $1,142.00
- Close second was Strategic Partnerships & Communications – 9021Ohyeah with $1,045.00