Director, Digital Fundraising & Database
Posting Preriod: February 28, 2023 to March 27, 2023
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
United Way Halton & Hamilton brings people and resources together in a way that makes our community a better, safer and healthier place to live, work and play.
This role oversees and manages the digital fundraising strategy for UWHH, including the integrated digital campaigns to acquire new donors, steward and inspire current donors, and grow donor lifetime value, with a focus on current and emerging fundraising technologies including online giving, email solicitations, stewardship, and crowdfunding. The Director drives success of digital fundraising initiatives in support of retention, reactivation, and acquisition goals. The Director will work cross-functionally with other departments to align the digital fundraising strategy throughout the organization.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
Primary Work Locations: Burlington Office (in person) and Home Office (virtual)
- Manage the Database Team to develop, implement and improve databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality
- Managing the Digital donor experience as the lead on co-designed campaigns
- Tracking performance of online giving campaigns, digital fundraising channels and donor-direct campaigns
- Monitoring digital fundraising and database program key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee management, development and integration of our customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Co-develop annual strategy on integrated digital (e.g. social media ad conversation), direct-donor (e.g. e-appeal) and postal fundraising campaigns with Marketing & Communications
- Manage the digital fundraising program including planning, execution, performance tracking, strategic planning of campaigns, data segmentation and digital testing plans
- Collaborate with internal partners to support the development, implementation and optimization of digital fundraising campaigns that promote donor acquisition and conversion in support of annual giving goals
- Manage donor and donor prospect online forms and user experience, providing direction for online forms (e.g. donation and email sign up) including upgrades such as mobile responsiveness and social sharing
- Research, test, and explore emerging fundraising technologies and make program recommendations
- Liaise with IT consultants to internally support day-to-day IT operations, including first level technical support
- Nonprofit digital fundraising experience with demonstrated expertise on current and emerging trends in digital fundraising and engagement
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in a management position
- Minimum 3 years’ of project management experience
- Strong knowledge of computer software and hardware and internet applications, networks and operating systems, including experience and strong understanding of nonprofit CRM software
- Must be self-directed and able to work confidently and successfully in a fast paced, rapidly expanding development operation within a dynamic, multi-faceted organization
- Detail-oriented and capable of effectively managing projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently within established guidelines and within a team environment including with external vendors
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including the ability to gather and analyze a variety of information and develop recommendations
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet capabilities (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with segmented email campaigns, digital donor and lead acquisition and paid website engagement
- Experience with major nonprofit digital donor management tools preferred (e.g. CRMs, fundraising Event platforms, donor management platforms, donation portals)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
For further information about United Way Halton & Hamilton, we welcome you to view the information available on our website.
United Way Halton & Hamilton strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. United Way Halton & Hamilton is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.